Trying to find when to get a lawyer for a car accident shows that you are quite an aware person and want to stay prepared with everything before hitting the road. It is a matter of relief that driving has become quite sophisticated in the recent times. The vehicles come embedded with high tech features that assist in driving safe.
Have you ever thought, ‘how does semi-truck use technology to reduce accidents?’ This is quite an important topic to explore when you are on road with semi-trucks and other big rigs moving along. Lawyers can make themselves more reachable to clients who want to discuss this question by trying this – Attention lawyers: Contact Brad Nakase if you need to know what is seo for lawyers. Understanding technology has become a wise thing to do; not only to solve claim cases, but also in reducing the accidents to happen at first place.
Some of the ways technology is being used to reduce road crashes and legal disputes are:
- Achieving easy maneuverability: Semi-trucks mostly get into an accident when they fail to judge the maneuvering area available while turning or reversing the vehicle. They also face the risk from other vehicles that are moving quite closer or are actually splitting the lane. Companies with the fleet of semi-trucks and individual drivers now prefer installing dash cams. With better view of things which were difficult to locate earlier, the driver safety becomes easier to achieve. The 18-wheelers also achieve safer maneuverability with the help of dash cam.
- Making litigation less costly and faster: Dash cams give documented record of how exactly the crash happened. This offers help in taking quick stock of situation determining liability clearly as a result. Thus, the parties involved in accident can settle the case among themselves without taking lengthier and costlier route of court.
- Saving more lives on road: Backing of big rigs is a risky affair due to poor visibility of action at the rear end. Many people die every year due to rear end hits and faulty backing of big rigs and semi-vehicles. Fitting remote sensors and cameras has made it easier to control vehicles, take prompt decisions regarding applying brakes and maintaining safe distance while driving. All these changes in driving mechanism have resulted in safe movements. The reduced number of road accidents is proof of the way newer technologies and advanced solutions have contributed to safer driving.
- Offering better vehicular control on roads with special conditions: There are certain accidents that are not the outcome of driver negligence. The technology is being used to improve the control on vehicles with the use of:
- Electronic stability control: It is designed to reduce engine power and eventually slow down the vehicle safely when the vehicle hits the slippery patch on the road.
- Automatic emergency braking: Rear end crashes are reportedly reduced to half and impact made less severe with the help of AEB.
- Forward collision warning radars: The radar looks for the obstacles, animals, vehicles in front and warns in advance to ensure that driver controls the vehicle on time. The working of AEB can be integrated to that of the radar so that the driver gets the control even when the warning signal is missed.
- Lane departure warning lights and vibrating tools: The use of flash lights and vibrating tool on steering wheel tells the driver about the lane departure in advance and helps take timely decisions.
All these technology-driven solutions are making it easier for the drivers to avoid litigation issues and wasting time in pursuing insurance companies. When in need, these solutions do provide the evidence, too, to strengthen the case.